Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wolf Parade - Apologies To The Queen Mary

Musically, Apologies To The Queen Mary is not all too dissimilar to something you'd hear from an earlier Modest Mouse. This is not surprising, due to the fact Isaac Brock produced this album. The vocal delivery is reminiscent of him as well, but not to the point where I'd feel like I'd rather be listening to a Modest Mouse album. The album's strength comes down to its instrumentation. The guitars are fast and heavy, making for an album that never drags and never really restrains itself.

I think this album is a perfect workout album. Its perfection comes down to the fact that it gives me exactly what I wanted. When I wanted a fast song, it delivered. When I wanted a cool down song, it delivered. It left me yearning for more even at its fairly long length.

Calories: 427.9
Distance: 3.34mi

No comments:

Post a Comment