Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works

This album, while on the exterior may seem very brutal to anyone with no knowledge of metal, upon closer inspection actually presents a compelling argument for anyone who does't normally listen to metal. The way this album glitches out sometimes and sounds very isolating but still rough around the edges is very engaging. Occasionally the screaming is toned down for more melodically sung portions, which are nice, but surprisingly left me wanting to hear more of the screaming. There is something about the vocals on this album that I just really liked.

As far as a workout is concerned, this album is fantastic. The unrelentingly fast tempo gave me a lot of time to sprint to my heart's content. To anyone with a passing interest in metal, I would highly suggest this album. I would go as far as to say it's a perfect metal album for working out.

Calories: 345.7
Distance: 2.70mi

No comments:

Post a Comment