Monday, May 28, 2012

Converge - You Fail Me

ARE YOU READY FOR METAL WEEK?!


Yes, I've decided to take the plunge into metal for the first time pretty much ever. The first metal album I decided to listen to is Converge's You Fail Me. Since I knew absolutely nothing about how Converge sounded like before going in, I chose You Fail Me based off the fact it was under 40 minutes. So what did I think of it?

I enjoyed it for the most part. When the bass gets heavy it makes me pretty pumped for whats to come. Occasionally, the riffs would loop and provide for a nice groove for me to fall into. That's actually what I feared most about working out to metal; not being able to find a good groove. I especially enjoyed how at one point in the middle of the album it turns into almost a dark, gradually building folk tune. This album overall treated me well.

My only gripe is the vocals for the most part tend to be shrieking. While I understand that seems to be what a lot of metal is (as far as I've ascertained), I just liked the occasional moments where the vocals would be about an octave lower and were more traditional. Maybe the screams are just something I'll have to get used to.

Calories: 307.0
Distance: 2.39mi

No comments:

Post a Comment