Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Robyn - Body Talk


Body Talk does what I expected it to. It provides a large amount of accessible electropop tunes that I could hear my sister listening to with her friends at a party in a sea of Ke$ha and Katy Perry. What I didn't expect was for it to do it so well and make me want more. The album is over 60 minutes long and provides a near constant stream of dance floor hits that will easily get stuck in your head. The phat beats and bubblegum aesthetics are there, but never take over any song too much to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

In the physical sense, this album works astonishingly well. Well over forty minutes into the album I found my song that really sent this album over the edge into the perfect zone, "U Should Know Better" which features Snoop Dogg. This song in particular made me want to get up and sprint it out. This album is what all pop albums should strive for. Accessibility mixed flawlessly with strong song writing and attitude that just make you want to get off your feet and dance.

Calories: 533.2
Distance: 4.15mi

No comments:

Post a Comment