Saturday, June 16, 2012

Boards Of Canada - In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country

In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country pretty much does what I asked for. Having a busy schedule for today, I still needed to workout. I found this short, relaxing EP to be answer to my problem. Boards Of Canada provide synth-heavy ambient electronic music that is very soothing. This is opposite to what their next full-length album, Geogaddi, does in that Geogaddi is a very dark and claustrophobic record. Do not expect that from this. The first three tracks contain heavy thumping bass and downtempo stylings that are perfect to chill out to. The last track removes the bass from the equation, instead opting for a purely synth venture. While I had hoped for another track like the first three, the last track was still a very pleasant way to end the EP.

If you just want to take a nice short walk, like I did today, this is your EP.

Calories: 183.7
Distance: 1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment