Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Isolée - We Are Monster

Clocking in at just under an hour and just ten tracks, We Are Monster sounds like it would be a disastrous album to workout to. This is not the case at all, in fact with its phat beats and funky rhythms I felt as though this album wasn't as long. The spliced vocals of many of the songs add a certain wordless class that you just don't find on many albums.  It's hard to really quantify why else I think this album was perfect, it just ended up pushing me to my limit.

Calories: 517.7
Distance: 4.00mi


With longer albums like Isolée's and Broken Social Scene's both getting perfect scores, I'm starting to wonder if longer albums have a positive effect on my opinion.

I do have a couple real long albums coming up in the near future, one reaching around 77 minutes. I have a fear about that album specifically, because I have no clue what it sounds like and have been putting it off since probably last month.

Later this week I will be doing another long album probably on Thursday. This is to make up for the fact I won't be able to workout Friday or Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment